Block Party Program
Building Safe and Caring Neighbourhoods – One neighbourhood event at a time
Getting together with neighbours for a Block Party provides an opportunity for active community participation. Getting to know your neighbours builds a more connected community and connected communities are safer communities. Neighbours who know each other, look out for one another, whether it is borrowing a cup of sugar, caring for children in the neighbourhood or keeping an eye out for crime.
To Book your Block Party
Call: 403-314-5910 or 403-314-5911
Make your party the best!
Resources for planning your party
- Block Party Guide 2016 (pdf)
- Block Party Summer Invitation (pdf)
- Block Party Winter Invitation (pdf)
- Block Party Poster (pdf)
- Neighbourhood BINGO Game (pdf)
Top Ten Reasons to host a Block Party:
- To have fun
- To get to know your neighbours
- To build friendships
- To create a sense of belonging
- To be able to borrow a cup of sugar or a ladder, or lend a hand babysitting, snow shovelling or pet sitting
- To create pride in a well-kept neighbourhood
- By knowing your neighbours, crime is reduced and safety increased
- To increase security, knowing when and who should be coming and going
- To learn about the history of your neighbourhood
- To create a group to plan many more fun events!