Guide for Successful Groups
The City of Red Deer and Red Deer & District Community Foundation have jointly sponsored the development of The Guide for Successful Groups. This document is a resource for Red Deer and area community groups and not-for-profit organizations.
The Guide for Successful Groups is for you if:
- You want a refresher on how boards work.
- You have never been involved in voluntary or not-for-profit groups before. (This includes organizations, associations, and other groups that share a common interest but do not work to make money or profit.)
- You have not been involved in a volunteer group in Canada.
- You are a new board member for a not-for-profit group.
- You want to figure out the language used by not-for-profit groups.
- You want some basic information to help you start or develop a not-for-profit group.
- You have a new responsibility on the board of a not-for-profit group.
For more information or to obtain a copy of this guide, please contact a Community and Program Facilitator at 403-309-8427 or 403-356-8926.