Real Property Reports

A Real Property Report (RPR) shows your property lines and the location of any buildings and fences on your property. An RPR with a stamp from The City of Red Deer can protect you from future legal problems related to property boundaries and improvements.

You may need an RPR if…

  • you're building a new structure on your property
  • you need to know about any easements or encroachments
  • you’re buying a new house
  • you’re selling your house
  • you’re in a dispute over property lines with your neighbours or The City

If you’re in the process of buying a house, obtain an RPR as soon as possible. If an RPR isn’t available, your home purchase may not go through.

To obtain a Real Property Report, contact a licensed land surveyor, who will forward the report to The City of Red Deer.