Did you know the carriage home is optional on all of the R1-C zoned lots, with exception to corner lots?
A unique approach to flexible living space in Red Deer, the carriage home is a secondary dwelling unit above a rear-detached garage. A small courtyard separates the carriage home from the principal residence. Key features include:
- Off-street parking space
- Potential rental income for the homeowner
- Maintenance-free lifestyle for the renters
- Flexible temporary space (i.e college students, snowbirding seniors)
- Opportunities for aging in place or downsizing
- Extra space for the homeowner (i.e. art studio, workshop, guest house)