Other Planning Documents
The following are non-statutory plans, studies and documents that Council has accepted or adopted by resolution to act as planning tools.
- This study examined industrial land uses along 52 Avenue between 67 and 69 Street regarding their potential redesignation for commercial uses.
- This document describes a vision for Red Deer's downtown core and references policies from the Greater Downtown Action Plan (GDAP). The purpose of the development design criteria and initiatives is to create a high quality Downtown C1 district built environment.
- These design guidelines are referenced in the Land Use Bylaw’s Direct Control District No. 27 [subsection 4(a)(ii)] to guide development of the Clearview Market area.
- This concept plan illustrates potential land uses on the closed landfill site on N ½ Sec 33-37-27-W4.
- This document provides guidelines for what issues need to be addressed in future planning and redevelopment of four areas within the Michener Centre lands.
- This study forecasts prospects for retail/service and office development in the City, in order to help The City define a vision for commercial growth over the long term.
- The Vision 2020 program was created by Alberta Municipal Affairs to encourage municipalities to set long range (30 year) planning objectives. This document contains seven planning principles that the MDP incorporates and builds on.
- This concept plan was jointly created by The City and Red Deer County to identify lands along waterways suited for potential trails and parks within the City’s growth area.
- These guidelines reflect agreements on future access, land use, and municipal reserve (MR) for an area along the west side of 65 Avenue north of 67 Street that is transitioning from industrial to commercial uses.