Commercial or Business Permits

In addition to a Business License, you may be required to have various types of Business Permits.

If you’re not sure what kinds of permits or licenses you need, BizPal can provide you with a customized list for all levels of government.

New Business Licenses

Sign Permits

Sign Permit Application (pdf)

To apply for a sign permit:

If you are installing a sign for business purposes, you must have a valid Business License with The City of Red Deer as well as a letter of authority from the owner of the property.

  • Fill out appropriate Sign Permit form,
  • Email a sign permit application form to
  • Fax in a sign permit application form at 403-342-8200
  • Visit Inspections & Licensing at City Hall between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
  • Phone us at 403-342-8190

Please see the Land Use Bylaw section 3.3 and 3.4 for more information about sign definitions and requirements.