Great Chief Park Enhancement Project
Work as part of the Great Chief Park Enhancement Project, includes:
- Constructing a new synthetic sports field and a 400 metre speed skating oval.
- Constructing a new field house/pavilion which will include a concession, public washrooms, change rooms, meeting space, timekeeper and a media area.
- Constructing a new maintenance building.
- Upgrading electrical services.
- Reconfiguring the parking area.
Happening March 2017
- Form and pour foundation beam for new pavilion building.
- Backfill maintenance building foundation.
- Start masonry walls for the new pavilion building.
- Start mechanical undergrounds for the new pavilion building and garage building.
- Start electrical undergrounds for new pavilion building and garage building.
- Start electrical rough-in at the new pavilion building.
- Site removals for west parking lot.
Please note, intermittent road closures on the road into Great Chief Park are expected throughout construction. Bower Ponds and Cronquist House remain open during construction.
View progress photos as Great Chief Park enhancements take shape.