Rotary Recreation Parking Lot
Work is scheduled to continue until July 2017 (weather dependent). Construction will be phased in order to maintain operations and to provide limited accessible parking near the Recreation Centre, Red Deer Museum + Art Gallery and Golden Circle.
While parking is limited on site, parking is available at the gravel lot near the Tennis Courts, the Sorensen Station Parkade and the surface lot P7 adjacent to the Blue Grass Sod Farm Central Spray and Play. MAG visitors can also park at the MAG staff parking lot, behind the museum.
This week (May 16 – 23) the following work is happening:
- Enhancing on site wayfinding signage.
- Running underground electrical conduit and wires for new parking lot lights.
- Foundational work for light and flag pole bases.
- Installing new sidewalks and curbs.
- Grading to ensure proper drainage to new catch basins.
Closures and Detours:
The north half parking lot closure is expected to continue until May 29, 2017. The south half of the parking lot is expected to close after May 29, 2017 after the north half is re-opened as a temporary gravel parking lot.
Next week (May 23 - 30) we expect the following:
- Continue with sidewalk and curb installation on the north half of the parking lot.
- Survey the site and remove the parking lot sub-structure.
- Parking lot sub-structure installation and grading on the north half of the parking lot.
- Re-open parking and access on the north half of the parking lot. Parking will be gravel only during this phase of the project.
- Move signage and fencing to the south half of the parking lot.