The City of Red Deer offers individuals, families and organizations the opportunity to purchase a bench located within the parks, trails, neighbourhoods and playgrounds. Each 6 foot coated metal bench has a steel frame attached to a concrete footing. The bench will have a 8"x2" bronze plaque that will be engraved with your message. There are two options when deciding to place a memorial bench:
- Existing Bench - anywhere a bench already exists, the Parks Section will replace it with a new city standard bench.
- New Bench - if there is a particular spot where an individual or organization requests to have a bench, the Parks Foreman must determine if the area is suited for bench placement. Generally, the Foreman will meet the memorializing group or individual on site to discuss possible options if the first choice is not suitable.
The cost, including GST, for a memorial bench is $1,233.75. This cost includes the bench, installation, a 8"x2" bronze plaque, maintenance and administration costs.
Payment in full is required prior to installation. Each bench option is renewable after ten years for an additional fee. Renewal for and additional 10 years is $500 and a 5 year option is $250. If you do not wish to renew, you will receive the bronze plaque that was on the bench.
Potential Bench Locations
- Waskasoo Park System - Kin Kanyon, Rotary Park, Heritage Ranch, Coronation Park, Barrett Park, Three Mile Bend etc.
- Waskasoo Park Trail System
- Neighbourhood and Subdivision Parks
The Alto Reste Cemetery also offers a Memorial Bench Program, but the type of bench allowed is different and has additional limitations from the above. Please call the Cemetery Services Administration Office to discuss options.
Program Contact Information
The Memorial Bench Program falls under Cemetery Services. Please call 403-342-8303 or email email@example.com for assistance or more information. The office is located at the Alto Reste Cemetery just off of Hwy 11 East, 3.6 km east of 30 Ave.
The City of Red Deer is not liable for any damages or losses to memorials or dedications resulting from theft, vandalism, mishaps or natural causes.
Unauthorized memorials will be removed without notice by the Parks Section staff.