Energize a Site
This information is for new services. If you need information about signing up for electricity service at an existing location, visit Choosing an Electricity Retail Supplier. If you need to know the site id number of an existing site, contact us.
- Contact us about adding a new service if you have not done so already.
- Receive quote from us, make arrangements to sign and pay the Work Order. Payment must be received prior to service connection.
- Request a site identification number (Site ID) from ENMAX Power, who manages our Site ID assignment system. A Site ID number is assigned to the service address and remains in effect until the service is permanently removed. The following information is required:
- Electric permit number
- Civic address
- Service Information (Amps, Volts, etc.)
- You can apply in these ways:
- Phone - 403-358-5699 or toll free at 1-866-883-6629
- Fax - 403-514-2975
- Once you have your site id, you are required to sign up with a retail supplier of your choice and request to install the meter and energize the new service. Your retailer may not be able to view the new site id until the next business day as the site id catalogue is published each night with the newest information. After you have signed up (enrolled) with a retailer, they will notify us of enrollment and effective date. Due to the various transactions required by the Alberta Settlement System Code, it is not possible to request a site id, sign up with a retailer, and get an energize request all in the same day, so it is best to allow a few days for this step.
- Contact us when you are ready for the electrical splice, if required.
- When you are ready for the meter to be installed, contact us.
Note: We cannot energize the service without a request from the retailer.
- Additional trip charges may apply if the site is not ready for the requested service (meter, splice) for any reason.
- Due to the nature of our business, the requested service may be delayed while matters of public safety are attended to.