The City of Red Deer's Engineering staff are continually striving to improve a variety of safety issues which include:
- traffic speed
- children's safety crossing the street
- difficulty turning left
- difficulty driving across a busy road
Citizens are asked to report the following to the Engineering Services department:
- obstructions blocking traffic sight lines
- trees overhanging sidewalks, lanes, or streets
- unsafe driving situations
- problems with crosswalks, speed limits, playground zones, pedestrian lights, traffic signals, left turn signals, etc.
Each situation is looked at individually and it is decided if the proposed changes will provide improvement, or in some cases, may make the road less safe.