Composting at Home Program
2019 Composting at Home Program
Registration for the 2019 program is now open.
About the Composting at Home Program
The program gives residents all the tools and training they need to start composting in their own back yards. It is free of charge, and participants are provided with a compost bin, aerating tool and kitchen catcher, plus training and ongoing support on how to compost. To participate in the program you must:
- Live in the city of Red Deer
- Not be currently composting but want to learn how, and not participated previously in the program
- Attend a 2.5 hour workshop
- Commit to compost for one year
- Report on results as requested by The City
- Have a ground-level outdoor space under your control where you can compost
Composting at Home can be done together with the Green Cart program. Things like meat, dairy and pet waste that can't go in the backyard composter can be put in the Green Cart.