Yard Waste Guidelines
Yard Waste Includes:
- Grass clippings
- Garden waste
- Tree trimmings
How to Put Yard Waste Out For Pick-up
- Place yard waste in your Green Cart along with your kitchen scraps and pet waste.
- Extra yard waste that does not fit in your Green Cart:
- Place loose in a garbage can marked with a yard waste sticker.
- Place loose in a paper yard waste bag, which are available at most hardware and department stores.
- Small branches can be bundled and tied with a string. Maximum branch size is 1 inch in diameter and 3 feet long.
- No diseased or elm branches are permitted. Break down and place in your garbage or take to the Waste Management Facility for disposal.
- No plastic bags are permitted. Since plastic isn’t compostable, any yard waste set out in plastic bags will be collected as garbage and will count towards your three unit limit.
- Yard waste must be placed out prior to 7 a.m. on your collection day to ensure pick-up.
- Yard waste cans and bags must weigh less than 25 kg (55 lbs).
Yard Waste Drop-off
Yard waste is also accepted year round at the Waste Management Facility. Please note, charges will apply at the Waste Management Facility, including a $7 minimum charge.
Free Yard Waste Week
Yard waste is accepted free of charge at the Waste Management Facility May 7 - 12, 2018 and October 8 - 13, 2018.
For more information, call the Blue Line at 403-340-BLUE (2583).