Find out what is required to become a taxi driver or chauffeur.
All documentation is required at the time of application.
To apply for a Taxi Driver or Chauffeur License you must provide:
- Taxi Driver Application (pdf)
- Chauffeur License Application (pdf)
- a Letter of Employment, signed & dated by a licensed Broker or Limousine company
- a current Driver's Abstract dated within 45 days of application
- a valid Alberta Driver's License - must be class 1, 2 or 4
- a Defensive Driving Certificate dated within 365 days of application or completion of a Defensive Driving Course within 30 days of application
- payment of the license fee