Roads in Need
Roads in Need are roads that are structurally inadequate for their current traffic volumes and are more susceptible to damage from frost and water. These roads are unable to be repaired through the Pavement Rehabilitation program, which overlays new pavement on the existing road.
Through the Roads in Need program, the underlying cause of damage is assessed and repair could range from simply strengthening the section of pavement to a complete re-construction. The City established a separate program to deal with improvements to this group of road segments with the goal of addressing all deficient roadways over a ten year period.
This year, the following roads are scheduled to undergo repair as part of the 2019 Roads in Need program:
- Chiles Industrial Link: Chiles Industrial Road to 385m east of Chiles Industrial Road
- Nance Avenue: Nolan Street to Niven Street
- Orchard Green: Olsen Street to Ogden Avenue
- Crawford Street: Clarke Crescent to end
- Walker Boulevard: Weddell Crescent intersection
- Ellenwood Drive: Erickson Drive to Excell Street
- Edis Close back lane
- Downing Close: 75m east of Duston Street to 285m east of Duston Street
- Lockwood Avenue: 32 Street to Lees Street
- Lane north of Selkirk Blvd: Back lane west of church
Please note that all schedules are dependent on weather and other conditions and may be subject to change.