Roads in Need
Roads in Need are roads that are structurally inadequate for their current traffic volumes and are more susceptible to damage from frost and water. These roads are unable to be repaired through the Pavement Rehabilitation program, which overlays new pavement on the existing road.
Through the Roads in Need program, the underlying cause of damage is assessed and repair and could range from simply strengthening the pavement section to a complete re-construction. The City established a separate program to deal with improvements to this group of road segments with the goal of addressing all deficient roadways over a ten year period.
This year, the following roads are undergoing repair as part of the 2018 Roads in Need program:
- 40 Avenue from Spencer Street to Selkirk Boulevard (scheduled to start June 18)
- Neal Close from Nagel Avenue to end
- O'Brien Crescent from Oak Drive West to Oak Drive East
- Oakville Crescent from Opal Avenue North to Opal Avenue South
- Opal Avenue from Oak Street to Olsen Street
- Orchard Green from Olsen Street to Ogden Avenue
- Edis Close back lane