Here’s all the ways you can find out when it’s time to move your vehicle:
- Get a text, email for phone call before plowing starts through Notify Red Deer, The City’s new emergency notification system. When you sign up, you can choose how you want to be notified – by text, email or phone – and we’ll send a notification at least 24 hours before plowing starts in your Snow Zone.
- Use Find Your Snow Zone – once residential plowing has been triggered simply type in your address and get up to date schedule information.
- Follow The City of Red Deer on Facebook and Twitter – we post daily schedule updates, but you’ll need to know your Snow Zone and Route. You can use Find Your Snow Zone to find out.
- Use the live map tool.
NOTE: All of these methods provide notification in addition to signage, which is the only notification required according to our Traffic Bylaw. On Green Routes signs are placed approximately every 50m, and on Grey Routes large signs are placed at the entrances to neighbourhoods.
Plowing takes place as follows:
- Green Routes: Monday to Saturday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Grey Routes: Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For more information about Snow Zone plowing, please see our FAQ section.