Bike and Ride Program
Loading your bicycle
- Remove water bottles, pumps or any loose items that may fall off.
- Pull down to release the folded bike rack using one hand.
- Lift your bike onto the rack, fitting the wheels into the slots. Each slot is labeled to let you know where your front and rear wheels should go.
- Remember to load your bike in the outside slot first.
- Raise and release the support arm over the top of the front tire. Be sure the support arm is resting on your bike tire and not on the fender or frame.
- Always load and unload your bike from the passenger side of the bus.
Unloading your bicycle
- Remember to let the Operator know that you need to unload your bike.
- Raise the support arm off of your bike. Move the support arm down and out of your way.
- Lift your bike out of the rack.
- Fold up the bike rack if there is no other bike in it.
The operator of the bicycle is responsible for loading and unloading their bicycle from the bike rack.
For safety reasons, the driver cannot get off of the bus to help you. However, he or she can give you further instructions.
The City of Red Deer is not responsible for damages incurred or caused by bicycles on Red Deer Transit property.