View bus routes on Google Maps
Red Deer Transit uses Google Transit, a free trip planning tool that uses Google Maps to show the latest bus routes and schedules. To find your route, access Google Transit here.
How do I use Google Maps to find bus routes?
- Open Google Maps for Red Deer.
- Click ‘Get Directions’ (located top left, under the Google Maps logo).
- Choose the transit icon.
- Click on the map or enter your starting location such as a business name, landmark or postal code.
- Enter your destination.
- Choose whether you want to 'Leave now' or 'Depart at' or 'Arrive by' a time and date.
- Choose whether you want the ‘Best Route’, ‘Less Walking’, or ‘Fewer Transfers’.
- Click the ‘Get Directions’ button.
- Google will provide up to three trip options with estimated times and step by step trip instructions including walking directions to and from each stop. The trip you choose will show up on the map.
Check out this video to learn more about how to use Google Transit.