Intake for 2017 Development Category applications is now closed. Intake for 2018 funding will begin in November, at which time the application will be made available.
Community Culture Grants
Community Culture Development Fund
The Community Culture Development Fund (CCDF) is a City of Red Deer grant program that provides financial support to not-for-profit organizations delivering arts, culture, and heritage initiatives in our community. Grant funds are intended to assist organizations build their capacity to provide a service, manage a cultural facility, act as an umbrella organization for other cultural organizations, develop new cultural programs and services, and/or to produce a community-based special event or festival.
There are three funding categories available within the Community Culture Development Fund:
- Canada 150 One-Time Opportunities Fund
- Culture Development (intake is now closed for this category)
- Culture Opportunities
Before submitting an application, please ensure you have fully reviewed the appropriate application guide:
- Community Culture Development Fund Grant Application Guide 2017 (pdf)
- Community Culture Development - Canada 150 One-Time Opportunities Fund Guide and Application Form (pdf)
Canada 150 One-Time Opportunities Fund
This one-time fund is for Canada 150 related activities and initiatives to be held in Red Deer no later than December 31, 2017, that celebrate the 150th Anniversary of Confederation in a way that will foster a sense of belonging, support, meaningful reconciliation and leave a lasting legacy now and for future generations.
A maximum of $5,000 per submission is available and applications must meet at least one of the following Canada 150 outcomes:
- Encourage participation in community activities and events to mark Canada’s 150th Anniversary of Confederation;
- Inspire a deeper understanding about the people, places and events that have shaped our community; or
- Build a vibrant and healthy community with the broadest possible engagement of all Red Deerians, including indigenous peoples; groups that reflect our cultural diversity; youth; and official language minorities.
The intake period for the Culture Opportunities Canada 150 Fund grant program will run from April 19, 2017 to December 31, 2017, or until funds have been fully expended.
Culture Development Category
Provides support to service providers to offset operational costs required to deliver culture programs and services with the community.
Culture Opportunities Category
Provides support to offset short notice and/or one-time costs related to unforeseeable culture opportunities where longer term planning was not possible.
Applications for this category are accepted year-round, until funding is fully expended.
Community Public Art Grant Program
The community Public Art Grant Program supports the development of collaborative art projects between community groups and/or businesses, artists, and The City of Red Deer with the shared financial support of the project sponsor and The City.
For more information, please contact Culture Services at 403-309-4091 or CultureMailbox@reddeer.ca.