Discovery Canyon is located along the Red Deer River, 3.5 km north of the 30 Avenue and 67 Street roundabout in the River Bend Golf and Recreation Area.
Free Transit Shuttles for Re-opening Event on July 21
Departing Sorensen Station: 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Return busses to Sorensen Station at 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. (last bus leaves Discovery Canyon at 4 p.m.).
Departing St. Joseph High School (2700 67 Street): every 15 minutes from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Return busses every 15 minutes (last shuttle leaves Discovery Canyon at 4 p.m.).
Things to do between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Tube sharing in effect. No charge between 11:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Tube rentals start at 3:30 p.m.
- Bring your own water bottle and we will fill it with water. There's a free Canada 150 water bottle for the first 200 guests.
- Free hot dog BBQ while quantities last.
- Participate in one of the many activity stations.
- All ages welcome!
About Discovery Canyon
This free play area features:
- natural river-fed bubbling pools of water
- tube floating
- trickling rivulets
- a wading pool
- accessible beach and boardwalk
- picnic tables
- accessible washrooms
- new nature themed playground (opening Fall 2017)
- RV and large vehicle parking is not permitted.
Admission is free and float tubes can be rented at the concession for $5 (please bring photo ID as a deposit). You are welcome to bring your own float tube. Tubes can also be purchased for $20.
Please note that there are no lifeguards on duty. Children must be supervised by an adult. Life jackets are strongly recommended for non-swimmers.
Discovery Canyon is open from June 17, 2017 until the September long weekend and operates 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (weather dependent).
For more information, please contact the River Bend Golf and Recreation Area at 403-343-6341 ext. 105 or visit River Bend Golf and Recreation Area.
View the parking map below to plan your trip