Great Chief Park
Great Chief Park is Red Deer’s premier outdoor sports park. It contains two baseball diamonds, two fastball diamonds, a combined soccer/football field, the Kiwanis Picnic Site, a 10-hole pitch n’ putt, horseshoe pits, as well as various support facilities and park amenities. The site contains trails that connect the park to the city trail network and the rest of the Waskasoo Park system.
Enhancements are underway at Great Chief Park to construct a new synthetic sports field, 400m speed skating oval and pavilion. Construction will be completed by Spring 2018, and the oval will be a host venue for speed skating during the 2019 Canada Winter Games. Read more about the project here.
4707 - 64 Ave (map)
General Information Phone: 403-309-8428
Great Chief Park Office Phone: 403-342-8255
Responsible pet owners are asked to comply with expectations set out below:
- Dogs allowed on leash within the sport field areas
- Dogs restricted to non-bleacher viewing areas
- Clean up after your pet. ‘Dog doo’ bag dispensers available on site
- Pet ‘refreshment’ area for water access available on site
- Aggressive or noisy dogs will not be permitted on the premises
Pets and their owners will be asked to leave the premises if found not following guidelines set out. Bylaw/RCMP officers can remove dogs, and/ or fine owners not complying with local Bylaws.