Red Deerians are reminded that Grey Route streets are no longer individually signed during snow plowing; instead large signs are placed at the entrances to Snow Zones.
Green Routes are signed with red “no parking” signs that are placed approximately every 50m, a minimum of 12 hours in advance of plowing.
“Signing individual Grey Route streets takes resources away from plowing operations, so we’ve made changes to our signing policy,” said Greg Sikora, Manager of Public Works. “To support this change, we’ve developed a number of self-service tools residents can use to check the schedule.”
When a Snow Zone and Route are scheduled, parking restrictions are in effect. Vehicles parked on Green Routes will be ticketed $155 and towed, and vehicles parked on Grey Routes will be ticketed $85 and plowed in.
“Last year was a grace period and we didn’t ticket vehicles on Grey Routes to give residents time to learn about the program,” said Sikora. “Vehicles left on the street significantly slow down our operations, so this year we are ticketing.”
Crews are continuing to plow Snow Zones and Routes and the latest schedule update is as follows:
|Snow Zone A (Green Routes)||Friday, January 29
Saturday, January 30
|Snow Zone B (Green Routes)||Saturday, January 30
Monday, February 1
|Snow Zone G (Grey Routes)||Friday, January 29|
|Snow Zone H (Grey Routes)||Monday, February 1
Tuesday, February 2
|Snow Zone K (Green Routes)||Friday, January 29|
Residents are reminded that parking restrictions are in effect while Green and Grey Route plowing is underway. Vehicles parked on Green Routes when scheduled will be ticketed $155 and towed, and vehicles parked on Grey Routes will be ticketed $85 and plowed in.
To avoid getting a ticket, residents are asked to:
- Know your Snow Zone and Route – www.reddeer.ca/snowzone.
- Check the schedule using one of the following methods:
- View the map and schedule at .
- Sign up for Snow Zone email alerts at www.reddeer.ca/snowzone.
- Follow The City of Red Deer’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Call the Snow Zone Hotline at 403-406-8796.
- Look for signage: Red “no parking” signs are used on Green Routes only. On Grey Routes, there will be large signs at the entrances to neighbourhoods indicating when plowing is taking place. These signs are placed a minimum of 12 hours before plowing begins.
- Move your vehicle when their Snow Zone is scheduled. Plowing takes place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Saturday for Green Routes and Monday to Friday on Grey Routes.
For more information, please contact:
Manager, Public Works
The City of Red Deer
Communications & Strategic Planning
The City of Red Deer