Red Deer, Alberta – A Red Deer man is in court this morning after resisting arrest when RCMP located him in a bank attempting to cash stolen cheques.
Red Deer RCMP were called to the bank shortly before 5 pm on December 1 in response to a report that a suspicious male was attempting to cash fraudulent cheques. When RCMP arrived, the suspect engaged in a brief physical altercation with police officers and attempted to flee on foot before being arrested in the parking lot.
34 year old Michael Gary Bishop faces the following charges:
- Criminal Code 270(1)(a) – Assault on police officer
- Criminal Code 129(a) – Resists/ obstructs peace officer
- Criminal Code 355(b) – Possession of stolen property under $5,000 X 2
- Criminal Code 380(1)(b) – Fraud under $5,000
- Criminal Code 733.1(1) – Fail to comply with probation order
Michael Bishop will appear in court in Red Deer at 9:30 am on December 2.
Cpl. Karyn Kay
Red Deer RCMP