Red Deer, Alberta – Red Deer RCMP arrested a Red Deer man at an apartment complex in Highland Green after he was reported to be causing a disturbance involving a knife on October 4.
Shortly after 5 pm on October 4, RCMP received a report of a man behaving erratically and wielding a knife outside an apartment building in the area of 50 Avenue and 62 Street. The suspect did not approach or threaten anyone but was reported to be stabbing at furniture. RCMP responded immediately and arrested the suspect without incident; he was in possession of a firearm, ammunition and a knife and was wanted on six warrants for break and enter, weapons possession for dangerous purpose, a drug charge and three failures to appear in court.
20 year old Jesse Reardon faces the following charges in addition to those related to the warrants:
- Criminal Code 95(b) – Possess prohibited firearm together with ammunition
- Criminal Code 86(1) – Careless use of firearm
- Criminal Code 88 – Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose X 2
- Criminal Code 90 – Carry concealed firearm
- Criminal Code 91(1) – Possess firearm without license
- Criminal Code 92(1) – Possess firearm with knowledge that possession is unauthorized
- Criminal Code 108(1)(b) – Possess firearm with serial number removed
- Criminal Code 430 – Mischief
- Criminal Code 403(a) – Identity fraud with intent to avoid arrest on warrants
- CDSA 4(1) – Possession of controlled substance X 2
Reardon has been remanded and is scheduled to appear in court in Red Deer on October 11 at 9:30 am.
Cpl. Karyn Kay
Red Deer RCMP