Do you want to sign up for new alerts? Are you not receiving notifications? We're here to help!
Did you receive an alert about an address error? Here's how to fix it.
There was likely an error when the address was added to your account, but this is an easy fix. Follow our step by step instructions to ensure your desired address is properly entered. Click here for a printable version of the step by step instructions (pdf)
Step 1: Log in to your Notify Red Deer account using the username and password you created when you made the account.
Step 2: Once logged in, you will need to edit My Locations.
- Click Edit in the My Locations tab.
Step 3: Now you should see the list of addresses you signed up to receive alerts for, and links to edit, delete or view on map for each. If the address is not properly geo-coded, you cannot click View on Map.
- Identify which address(es) are not properly geo-coded by finding those where the View on Map text is written in grey and is not a clickable link.
Step 4: Click Edit next to an address that is not properly geo-coded.
Step 5: You should now be able to review detailed information about the address you selected.
- Verify that the information is correct, and that the required fields (marked with an asterisk*) are filled out.
- Click Verify This Address to review the position on the map.
Step 6: Now you should see a map with address details on the left hand side. There should be a pin on the map at the address you submitted.
- Review the location of the pin. The pin should be labelled with a letter.
- If the pin is in the correct location:
- Select the appropriate address on the left-hand side to correspond with the labelled pin location on the map.
- The pin on the map should turn red.
- Click This is my Location on the bottom right.
- If the pin is not in the correct location:
- Select None of these looks right from the options on the left hand side.
- Click Show us - drag the pin to your location.
- DO NOT select Continue anyway - use the address as entered. This will not pin your location to the map and you will not receive alerts for that address.
- A new, red pin will appear on the map. Click and drag the red pin to the correct location on the map.
- Map navigation tip: If you can’t see the correct location on the map, you can use the scroll buttons on your mouse or the + and – buttons on the bottom right to zoom in or out.
- Once the red pin is in the right location, click This is my Location.
Step 7: The address should now be properly geo-coded. The screen will return to your list of locations.
- Click View on Map next to the address you have just edited to ensure the pin is now in the correct location.
- Once you’re confident that all the addresses you’ve submitted are geo-coded properly (by checking their pin on the map), you’re done!
Step 8: Repeat steps 4 through 7 for all addresses that are not properly geo-coded.
Step 9: Take a moment to ensure your information is up to date.
While you’re logged in, look through your profile to ensure your contact information is up to date and that you’re signed up for Snow Zone Alerts and Street Sweeping Parking Restriction alerts. In both cases, we will send out a notification the day before plows or street sweepers come to your neighbourhood so you know to move your vehicle off the street and you don’t get a parking ticket.
- Click Home on the grey bar at the top of the window.
- Click edit next to My Profile to ensure your contact information and methods of contact are up to date.
- Click edit next to My Subscriptions to sign up for new alerts.
Review the topics below for answers to other common questions.