If there is an upcoming Open House or Public Meeting it will be listed below. Please check back regularly as new events are added as the need for them arises.
The City of Red Deer is seeking public comments on the proposed Coventry Neighbourhood Area Structure Plan (SE35-38-27 W4M) and the proposed amendment to the East Hill Major Area Structure plan to incorporate the Clover Valley Multi-Neighbourhood Plan (35-38-27 W4M).
The Coventry NASP (pdf) provides a detailed level of planning information, including future land uses, road and lane configurations, community trails and parks, utility infrastructure, storm water management facilities, and residential density.
The Coventry Neighbourhood Area Structure Plan (“NASP”) provides a comprehensive land use rationale, based on guiding policy including but not limited to existing statutory plans, Council Policy, Neighbourhood Planning and Design Standards, East Hill Major Area Structure Plan, and the Municipal Development Plan (MDP). Section 633(2) of the MGA states that an Area Structure Plan:
- must describe:
- the sequence of development proposed for the area,
- the land uses proposed for the area, either generally or with respect to specific parts of the area,
- the density of population proposed for the area either generally or with respect to specific parts of the area, and
- the general location of major transportation routes and public utilities, and
- may contain any other matters the council considers necessary.
Clover Valley MNP
The Clover Valley Multi Neighbourhood Plan (pdf) is proposed to be amended into the East Hill Major Area Structure Plan. A multi-neighbourhood plan is high level conceptual planning concept that guides future development for multiple quarter sections of land (i.e. ±259 hectare/±640 acre). The multi-neighbourhood plan provides details on how the Neighbourhood Design Principles can be achieved as well as outlines arterial and collector road pattern and broad land uses, including environmental and open space areas.
In 2014, landowners worked together to create a multi-neighbourhood plan for Section 35-38-27-W4M. Section 35 is located in northeast Red Deer and is bound by the city limits on the north and east. It is bordered by Range Road 272 (future 30 Avenue) to the west, Range Road 271 to the east, and Township Road 390 to the north. The future Northlands Drive will run along the south of the plan boundary.
Please use the Comment Sheet (pdf) if you would like to provide comments. Comments may be submitted using the following options:
- By Mail: City of Red Deer Planning Department, Box 5008, Red Deer, Alberta, T4N 3T4; or
- Drop off comments at the Planning Department on the 3rd floor of City Hall at 4914 – 48 Avenue; or
- Fax comments to the Planning Department at 403‐342‐8200; or
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments will be accepted by the Planning Department until July 12, 2017. All feedback received from the open house will be incorporated into a report provided to the Municipal Planning Commission (MPC) and to Council, in their consideration of this plan for approval.
If you have questions or would like to discuss the proposed plan and amendment please contact:
David Girardin, Senior Planner