Meet Your Neighbours
A part of the Great Neighbours initiative, Meet your Neighbours is an event designed to get people to meet their neighbours in a casual, fun atmosphere.
There are currently no Meet your Neighbours events scheduled. Check back again soon.
Meet your Neighbours pilot neighbourhoods:
- Highland Green
- South Hill
- Pine Lake
What to expect:
- A chance to meet your neighbours and discover the best parts of your community.
- Answer a few questions on what is important to you about neighbourhoods.
- Learn about fun ways to connect with your neighbours.
Informal, simple ways to be neighbourly
- Smile, wave and learn your neighbours' names.
- Notice what your neighbours are interested in and ask questions about those interests.
- Spend time in your front yard and say hello when neighbours pass by.
- Go for a walk and introduce yourself to neighbours you meet.
- Shop local - you might run into your neighbours and have the opportunity to introduce yourself.
- Welcome new neighbours.
- Check in on your neighbours during an emergency or natural disaster to make sure they are okay.
- Visit with a neighbour who doesn't leave their home much.
- Run errands for a neighbour.
- Shovel or plow a neighbour's driveway.
- If something you are doing will impact your neighbours, talk to them ahead of time.
- Be open to Block Connectors and other neighbours.