Government of Canada: COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
COVID-19 Resources for Businesses
As issues surrounding COVID-19 continue to rapidly evolve, we recognize that businesses in our community have many questions. In response to this, we have compiled a listing of the most frequently requested information and supports available to businesses through both the Federal and Provincial Governments as well as other support organizations. We will continue to update this information as it becomes available.
Government of Alberta: COVID-19 Support for Employers and Employees
Alberta Health Services: COVID-19 Information
Please see the above options from the Federal and Provincial Governments. You may also find assistance through the Export Development Canada (EDC) or Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC).
The RCMP suggests that business owners can protect themselves by following these tips, especially if you are away for an extended period of time:
- Ensure alarm systems are on.
- Turn on some lights, both the inside and outside so when RCMP are patrolling they can clearly see around and inside businesses.
- Make sure windows are not blocked with signs or posters so vision is not obstructed inside the business.
- Secure you garbage bins if possible, or cancel collection.
- Check your property regularly. You may wish to hire a Security Company to assist you.
- Continue to look out for one another. Check on your neighbour's business when you are checking on your own.
In addition, The City has implemented regular security patrols throughout several business parks and/or industrial areas in our community in recognition that activity has been significantly reduced as businesses and residents are following the public health recommendations related to COVID-19.
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: Pandemic Preparedness for Business, Crisis Communications Plan (pdf) and Business Continuity and Recovery Plan (pdf)
- Workers Compensation Board of Alberta: COVID-19 Employer Fact Sheet
- Government of Alberta: COVID-19 Support for Employers & Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Posters
- Government of Canada: Business Continuity Planning
- World Health Organization: Getting Your Workplace Ready for COVID-19
Canadian Anti-fraud Centre: COVID-19 Fraud
Check here often for business resource webinars related to the COVID-19 responses and recovery.
Business Development Bank of Canada How to cope with the impacts of COVID-19 on your business
Watch on Demand
Export Development Canada COVID-19 Managing the impact on global supply chains
Watch on Demand
Community Futures (Wild Rose) and Business Link Get Selling Online in 2 Hours
Watch on Demand
WOW Burnout Recovery
Friday, March 27, 2020 at 1 p.m. MST
Alberta Emergency Management Agency: Unsolicited Offers Program
We also want to encourage you to reach out to your financial institution and insurance provider and inquire about any additional resources and supports that may be available to you and your business.
Economic Developers Alberta has developed a Business Impact Survey designed to gather data on the effect the COVID-19 pandemic has had on Alberta businesses. You are invited to participate in this survey here.
Certainly last but not least, a pandemic can be a very stressful event for individuals and communities. The Canadian Mental Health Association has a number of resources to assist you and your employees during this time.
If you have further questions, or are looking for additional information specific to your industry, please reach out to Land and Economic Development at 403-342-8106.