Seasonal Patio Program
There are two types of seasonal patios in Red Deer:
- Downtown businesses separate from Ross Street Patio
- These patios require boardwalks to be installed around the perimeter of the patio to provide a safe, accessible walkway for pedestrians.
- These patios do not require boardwalks as long as the Ross Street Patio is installed.
Apply for a seasonal patio for your business
Downtown businesses dedicated to food and entertainment services are encouraged to apply for a seasonal patio in front of their venue. The City of Red Deer will build, install, remove and store necessary boardwalks. There is no cost to participating businesses for this service.
Successful applicants must ensure that:
- physical distancing of 2 metres is in place between patrons
- hand sanitizer is available for patrons
- patio design meets building codes
- follow the requirements outlined in the program guidelines