Central Alberta Regional Assessment Review Board
The mission of Assessment Review Boards in Alberta is to provide timely, independent, quasi-judicial complaint adjudication to all parties in assessment matters in a manner that yields fairness and equity consistent within the authority of the Municipal Government Act. They are responsible for making decisions regarding property assessment complaints.
The Central Alberta Regional Assessment Review Board (RARB) is a regional board that supports more than 30 partner municipalities. The RARB provides this support to its partner municipalities by:
- Providing training to assistant clerks from partner municipalities
- Providing a panel of trained Board members
- Receiving assessment complaints
- Issuing relevant notices and documents to all parties
- Scheduling hearings
- Coordinating hearing proceedings
- Issuing hearing decisions
- Preparing a Record of Hearing
For more information or if you are interested in joining the board, please contact the Regional Assessment Review Board. The deadline to apply to become a board member is November 30, 2019.
Red Deer City Hall
4914 – 48 Avenue
2nd Floor, Legislative Services