Rotary Playground in Lonsdale
- The Rotary Club of Red Deer and The City of Red Deer have established a new partnership to construct a fully accessible playground structure at the Mattie McCullough Elementary School site in the Lonsdale neighbourhood.
- Mattie McCullough school is in support of the new playground, and the project concept is supported by the Joint Planning Committee (City and three school authorities: public, catholic and francophone).
- This partnership project, between The City of Red Deer, the Rotary Club of Red Deer and the Joint Planning Committee would see a new fully accessible playground built at the school site of Mattie McCullough Elementary.
- The capital funding for this project would come from the Rotary Club.
- The City would be responsible for approval of the design and installation and will provide in-kind services for the capital build.
- The City would also be responsible for the ongoing operations and maintenance of the play structure.
Budget Requirements, Funding Sources and Council Decision Points
|Playground development - Lonsdale||$500,000||Third party revenue|