Red Deer, Alberta – Red Deer RCMP have arrested a suspect in the robbery at gunpoint of the Servus Credit Union the evening of January 25, and he is in court this morning.
Shortly after the January 25 armed robbery, Red Deer RCMP identified a suspect and on January 30 obtained a warrant for his arrest. Red Deer RCMP began searching for the suspect and located him at a Blackfalds residence shortly before 11 pm on February 16; the suspect was arrested without incident with support from Blackfalds RCMP.
37 year old Graham Frank Christoffersen faces the following charges:
- Criminal Code 344(1)(a.1) – Robbery with firearm
- Criminal Code 351(2) – Wear disguise with intent to commit offence
- Criminal Code 117.01(1) – Weapons possession contrary to order
- Criminal Code 85(1)(a) – Use firearm in the commission of an offence
- Criminal Code 87(1) – Pointing a firearm X 2
- Criminal Code 88(1) – Possess weapon for dangerous purpose
- Criminal Code 86(1) – Careless use of a firearm
- Criminal Code 91(1) – Unauthorized possession of firearm
- Criminal Code 92(1) – Possess firearm when knowing possession is prohibited
Christoffersen was remanded to appear in court in Red Deer this morning, February 20, at 9:30 am.
“This investigation was brought to a successful conclusion thanks to a number of RCMP teams, including general duty first responders, Police Dog Services, the Red Deer General Investigation Section Serious Crimes unit, and the police officers from Red Deer and Blackfalds who conducted the arrest,” says Inspector Gerald Grobmeier of the Red Deer RCMP. “RCMP also received a number of tips from the public throughout the investigation, and we thank them for their assistance and support. This sort of collaboration between the community and neighbouring police jurisdictions is so important to our crime reduction work.”
– 30 –
Cpl. Karyn Kay
Red Deer RCMP
January 29, 2018
Red Deer RCMP look for suspect in bank robbery
Red Deer, Alberta – Red Deer RCMP are looking for public assistance to identify a man who robbed a bank while wielding a rifle the evening of January 25.
The suspect entered the Servus Credit Union located at 3001 50 Avenue shortly before 7 pm on January 25 carrying a rifle. He demanded cash and ordered those in the bank not to touch their phones. He left with an undisclosed amount of cash and is believed to have departed in a vehicle. No one was injured in this robbery.
The suspect is described as:
- In his 30s
- Approximately 6" tall
- Thin build
- Wearing a grey hoodie under a black winter jacket, black pants, black sneakers, black gloves, with his face covered by a camouflage balaclava
- Carrying a worn black bag with a silver lining and a rifle with a sawed off black barrel and wooden stock
If you recognize this suspect or have information about this investigation, contact the Red Deer RCMP at 403-343-5575. If you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or report it online. If your information leads to an arrest, you could be eligible for a cash reward up to $2,000.
– 30 –
Red Deer RCMP