Red Deer, Alta. – On March 14, 2019 at approximately 2:45 a.m., Red Deer RCMP responded to a call for a break and enter in progress at an apartment complex on 52 Avenue. On arrival, they found two males in the parking garage attempting to steal a vehicle.
Police arrested one suspect; however, the other male fled the scene on foot.
Jeremy Hiebert, 38, of Red Deer was charged with 24 Criminal Code offences, including:
- Break and enter
- Theft of motor vehicle
- Resist/obstruct peace officer
- Possession of stolen property under $5000
- Possession of a controlled substance (x2)
- Failure to comply with condition of undertaking or recognizance (x4)
- Unsafe storage of firearms (2)
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose (x2)
- Possession of firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized (x2)
- Possession of prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition (x2)
- Possession of weapon obtained by commission of offence (x2)
- Possession contrary to order (x4)
He remains in custody and will appear in court in Red Deer on March 25, 2019.
RCMP were made aware of this break and enter by a resident who saw suspicious activity and called police. This is an important reminder to citizens that if you spot something suspicious, report it – call Red Deer RCMP at 403-343-5575 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477. Your tips drastically increase the chances of solving a crime or stopping one in progress.
Red Deer RCMP continue to investigate this incident.
Red Deer RCMP