Roads in Need
Roads in Need are roads that are structurally inadequate for their current traffic volumes and are more susceptible to damage from frost and water. These roads are unable to be repaired through the Pavement Rehabilitation program, which overlays new pavement on the existing road.
Through the Roads in Need program, the underlying cause of damage is assessed and repair could range from simply strengthening the section of pavement to a complete re-construction. The City established a separate program to deal with improvements to this group of road segments with the goal of addressing all deficient roadways over a ten year period.
This year, the following roads are scheduled to undergo repair as part of the 2020 Roads in Need program:
- Ellenwood Drive: Erickson Drive to Excell Street
- Wallace Close: 55 Avenue to end
- Wilkins Green: Wilson Crescent to Welliver Street
- Lindsay Avenue: 22 Street to Lancaster Drive
- 67 Street Service Road: McKenzie Trails entrance to 40 Avenue
- 40 Avenue: 67 Street Service Road to end
- Mackenzie Crescent: Metcalf Avenue to Maxwell Avenue
- Bettenson Street: Barrett Drive west to Brown Close
- 35/36 Street Lane: 42 Avenue to east end
- 66 Street Close: 58 Avenue to end
- Allard Crescent: between #18 and #30
- 19 Street: west of 20 Avenue
- 42A Avenue: 53 Street to 55 Street
- 41 Street Crescent/West Park Crescent Lane: 57 Avenue to 58 Avenue
- 52 Avenue Lane: 3900 block west of hospital
Please note that all schedules are dependent on weather and other conditions and may be subject to change.