Roads in Need
Roads in Need are roads that are structurally inadequate for their current traffic volumes and are more susceptible to damage from frost and water. These roads are unable to be repaired through the Pavement Rehabilitation program, which overlays new pavement on the existing road.
Through the Roads in Need program, the underlying cause of damage is assessed and repair could range from simply strengthening the section of pavement to a complete re-construction. The City established a separate program to deal with improvements to this group of road segments with the goal of addressing all deficient roadways over a ten year period.
This year, the following roads are scheduled to undergo repair as part of the 2021 Roads in Need program:
- Wilkins Green: Welliver Street to Wilson Crescent
- 41 Street Crescent north lane: 57 Avenue to 58 Avenue
- Bettenson Street: Barrett Drive W to Brown Close
- C & E Trail: TWP 391 to City Limit
- Orr Drive: Oakwood Close to Oak Drive
- Oak Drive: Oxley Close to Kerry Wood Drive
- Fairway Avenue: Fern Road to Fir Street
- Spruce Drive east lane: 32 Street to 34 Street
- 55 Street: Michener Avenue to Cardinal Avenue
- Chappel Drive: Cornett Drive to Caswell Close
- Carroll Crescent: Chappel Drive to Coote Street W
- Terrace Park
- Duston Street: Douglas Avenue to Dubois Crescent
- 40 Avenue: Waste Management Facility to South Snow Storage Facility
Please note that all schedules are dependent on weather and other conditions and may be subject to change.