Warm someone’s day during the cold winter months by being a Snow Buddy! Help shovel someone’s driveway or sidewalk, give your neighbours a place to park off-street when parking restrictions are in place, or simply remind them to move their vehicles. Next time you are out clearing snow, have a look around. Maybe someone has gone on vacation, is recently injured, has a new baby, or just needs a helping hand. You will feel great knowing you helped make someone’s day.
Have a Snow Buddy story to share?
Fill out this form and share your story of neighbourly kindness & we might share it with the rest of our community!
Sharing the road with plows, sanders and other equipment
Our crews work to keep our roads safe and drivable, which sometimes means that drivers need to share the road with our equipment. Help us help you by keeping these things in mind:
- Never pass a snow plow when it is clearing snow; whiteout conditions created by flying snow can reduce visibility and increase the risk of a collision.
- Stay at least 20 metres behind equipment and only pass when it is safe to do so. This will ensure your safety and prevent potential damage to your vehicle from flying debris.
- Remember, large equipment can sometimes have large blind spots. If you can't see their mirrors, they can't see you.
- Plows can change lanes suddenly. Be sure to leave them space to work.
- Remember, our operators are trained and experienced. Please be kind and courteous as they work hard to keep our city streets safe.