Please visit our COVID-19 Recreation and Culture page for information on facility status, virtual and online fitness classes and household facility rentals.
Doing business with The City
City Hall is open to accept payments (utility bill, property tax, parking ticket/card, accounts receivable invoice, licence, special event permit), parking inquiries, licence and permit applications and inspections.
Customers are still welcome to use alternate online payment methods including:
- Via your financial institution – online, by phone or in-person
- By credit card over the phone, call 403-342-8130 (credit cards not accepted for tax payments)
- By mail to: Box 5008, Red Deer, AB T4N 3T4 - Make cheques payable to "The City of Red Deer"
- Online at www.reddeer.ca/mycity
Residents can sign up for phone, email and text alerts about changes to City services amid COVID-19. Standard text message rates apply.
Modified in-person services are available; however residents are asked to conduct business online or by telephone when possible.
The Waste Management Facility (including the landfill, household hazardous waste, yard waste and electronics drop-off depots) and the Recycling Drop-off Depots remain open. There are no changes to hours of operation.
If you would like to drop off materials at the Waste Management Facility, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- Follow AHS guidelines and limit all trips to essential visits.
- Do not visit if you are sick or self-isolating.
- There are likely to be longer than usual wait times due to measures that are in place to protect staff and customers. Please be patient and respectful to staff and others.
- Follow physical distancing guidelines and remain 2 metres away from others while on site.
View the Cart Collection schedules here.
A reminder that City Hall is open to accept in-person payments and provide customer service. You are also welcome to use the options presented below to conduct business with The City.
Permits and Inspections
- Residents and businesses can apply for trades (electrical, heating, plumbing, gas, fireplace installation and service connection) permits online through MyCity, or by emailing an application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications for development and building permits can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Inspections can be scheduled by connecting with the Inspections and Licensing department at 403-342-8190 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Real Property Reports can be submitted via email to email@example.com; we will be issuing Letters of Compliance in the interim.
- Information about permits and inspections, including permit application forms, can be found on our Permits and Inspections web page.
- If you have any further questions, please reach out to our Inspections and Licensing staff at 403-342-8190 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are issuing all business licences with complete applications. Business owners and applicants must ensure they are following the Provincial and Federal operating guidelines and restrictions.
- Residents and businesses can apply for licences online through MyCity, or by emailing email@example.com.
- Information about business licences can be found on our Business Licences web page.
- Dog Licence applications for new tags and replacement tags will need to be submitted online through MyCity. We will process applications, however the physical tags will be mailed out once City of Red Deer returns to full service.
- If you have any further questions, please reach out to our Inspections and Licensing staff at 403-342-8190 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.