Yes. If you paid for an Activity Reservation in-person via credit card, debit or cash you will receive a credit on your account in the total amount of your cancelled reservations. If you paid online via a credit card, you will be reimbursed through your method of payment.
Recreation and Culture Activities
Recreation and Culture
On December 8, 2020, the provincial government announced new public health measures that are expected to be in place until at least January 30, 2021. In alignment with provincial measures, the following recreation and cultural facilities will temporarily close at the end of their business day on December 12, 2020:
- Collicutt Centre
- Dawe Community Centre
- Recreation Centre
- Michener Aquatic Centre
- Servus Arena, Kinex Arena, Kinsmen Community Arenas
- All neighbourhood activity centres, including rentals
- Red Deer Museum + Art Gallery
- Festival Hall, Memorial Centre, and Cronquist House
- Intermediate School Site (Culture Services Centre)
- Leased spaces within City operated recreation and culture facilities including food vendors, retail stores, and private recreation providers, will be closed. For questions about these providers, please contact them directly.
- We are working with third-party operators to determine how the restrictions affect their operations. Please contact them directly for more information.
For those who participate in organized activities within our facilities, please contact your local organizer for more information.
The following facilities and amenities remain open:
- Speed skating oval at Setters Place (for Activity Reservations only).
- Outdoor rinks
- Parks and trails
Note, public health measure are in place for outdoor amenities, and include:
- No outdoor social gatherings; please enjoy these amenities with members of your household only.
- Physical distancing restrictions remain in place, and mask use is required when you cannot maintain 2 metres between your household and others
- A variety of pre-recorded fitness classes, led by City of Red Deer staff, are available online.
Third-party operators are affected by the closures as well.
- Neighbourhood Activity Centres will not open for public use at this time. However, rentals for purposes that meet the provincial restrictions are permitted (e.g., a church service).
- River Bend Clubhouse and Bower Ponds Pavilion will not be open, and indoor warming and bathrooms are not available.
For more information about specific third-party operators, please contact them directly: Neighbourhood Associations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If you have a monthly or recurring pass, it will be cancelled on a prorated basis and all future payments stopped. The remaining credits will stay on your account for future use.
- If you currently have your pass on hold from the previous health measures that came into effect on Nov 27, your pass will be cancelled at a prorated rate.
- All Corporate Annual Passes will be placed on hold until January 30, 2021
- Refunds will be issued upon customer request. Corporate pass holders will have the option to cancel for a credit or refund as well. If you would like to request a refund, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to continue to use the Ice Oval at Setters Place at Great Chief Park for public skating Activity Reservations, please continue to do so. Public Skating at the Ice Oval will be available beginning on December 11, 2020. Customers can purchase a Value pass through Look ‘n Book or over the phone at 403-309-8411 to access this amenity.
Facility bookings for any of the activities that fall within the suspension will be cancelled. You will be contacted by one of our Facility and Pass Booking Specialists to discuss your options.
All indoor programming at City of Red Deer facilities has been cancelled between December 13, 2020 and January 30, 2021. If you participate in organized activities within our facilities (Red Deer Minor Hockey, Dance Magic), please contact your local organizer for more information.
The suspension of activities is in place until at least January 30, 2021. As we receive more information from Alberta Health on when activities can resume, we will announce a date for resuming Activity Reservations.