Ways to help
During this time of uncertainty, "What can I do?" is a common question. Here are some ways you can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 as well as ways you can help others during this pandemic.
Ways you can help protect you and your family:
- Stay up to date on the latest health information from Alberta Health.
- Practice “social distancing” and remain 2 metres away from others.
- Use good hygiene practices, such as frequent handwashing.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill.
- Follow good respiratory hygiene; cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze (dispose of the used tissue immediately).
- Support a healthy mindset; take breaks from watching the news, take care of your body and mind, make time to unwind, virtually connect with others.
- Physical activity; get creative with on-line activities or go for a walk outside (2m distance between others) and connect with your pet.
- Follow the advice of Alberta Health Services.
- Self-isolation regulations are in place for people who have recently travelled and for anyone showing symptoms. Details on Alberta Health Services website.
Ways you can help others
- Reach out and offer to help a vulnerable neighbour; maybe shovel their sidewalk.
- Donate Blood by booking an appointment at www.blood.ca.
- Donate on-line to local non-profit support agencies.
- Donate food to the Red Deer Food Bank Society.
- Golden Hour; many businesses are dedicating one shopping hour to vulnerable citizens, please respect this time to keep everyone safe.
- Resist stockpiling goods; stay home, remain calm, Canada’s supply lines are efficiently operating.
- If you would like to provide resources or supplies to the COVID-19 response, you can register your offer here: alberta.ca/COVID19offersprogram