Doing business with The City

All City facilities are closed to the public at this time, but we are available online and by phone to serve you. The below information will help you connect with the service you need. If you have questions relating to other City services, our Call Centre is open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 403-342-8111 and our staff will be happy to help. 

Utility bills and payments
  • We are no longer accepting payments in person as all City facilities are temporarily closed to the public. Customers are encouraged to pay bills online using or by phone at 403-342-8203.
  • Note: Customers who need to defer their water, sewer and waste collection payment for up to the next 90 days do not need to call The City. Deferral will happen automatically if your bill is not paid. We encourage customers who are able to pay their bills to continue doing so. The full balance is due at the end of the 90-day deferral (June 15), so please consider making small payments if you are able. If you are unable to pay the balance of the account by June 15, please contact us by June 19, 2020, at 403-342-8203 and we will support payment arrangements suitable to your situation.
Transit schedules and passes
  • Transit Passes can be purchased in person at Sorensen Station (4830 - 48 Street) during regular business hours.
  • Transit schedules, including information about amended service, can be found .
Permits and Inspections
  • Residents and businesses can apply for trades (electrical, heating, plumbing, gas, fireplace installation and service connection) permits online through MyCity, or by emailing an application to
  • Applications for development and building permits can be emailed to
  • Inspections can be scheduled by connecting with the Inspections and Licensing department at 403-342-8190 or by emailing
  • Real Property Reports can be submitted via email to; we will be issuing Letters of Compliance in the interim. 
  • Information about permits and inspections, including permit application forms, can be found on our Permits and Inspections web page.
  • If you have any further questions, please reach out to our Inspections and Licensing staff at 403-342-8190 or send an email to
  • Residents and businesses can apply for licenses online through MyCity, or by emailing
  • Information about business licenses can be found on our Licences web page.
  • Dog Licence applications for new tags and replacement tags will need to be submitted online through MyCity. We will process applications, however the physical tags will be mailed out once City of Red Deer returns to full service.   
  • If you have any further questions, please reach out to our Inspections and Licensing staff at 403-342-8190 or send an email to
Accounts Payable process and Procurement (Selling to The City)
  • The City’s payment and processing terms have not changed, and we will continue to process payments as per payment terms, and issue cheques.
  • Please email invoices to, and please ensure the Purchase Order is on the invoice prior to submitting for payment.
Cemetery Services
  • Residents and Funeral Homes are required to arrange all services by phoning 403-342-8303 or emailing
  • You will need to call ahead to 403-342-8303 to book an on-site (outdoors) meeting with the Foreman or designate to select burial lots or niches.
Payment options

Payments can be made:

  • With your Financial Institution – Online, Phone or in-person
  • By Credit Card over the phone, call 403-342-8203 (credit cards not accepted for taxes at this time)
  • By mail to: Box 5008, Red Deer, AB T4N 3T4 - Make cheques payable to The City of Red Deer
Report a Problem
  • Use our online reporting tool to report problems, infrastructure issues or repairs to our departments. Visit our  web page.

Call Centre

We are here for you! The City of Red Deer’s call centre is available for residents to make non-emergency inquiries about COVID-19 as it relates to City facilities and policies. The call centre is in place to provide general information to residents and to ease the strain on the Alberta Healthlink (811) and emergency (911) switchboards. Residents are reminded to call 8-1-1 for non-emergency health information about COVID-19 and 9-1-1 only in the case of a life-threatening emergency or a crime in progress.

8 a.m. until 8 p.m. daily