While City Hall remains closed, a temporary Customer Service centre is open at the Recreation Centre (4501-47A Ave.) for residents who need to conduct business and pay bills in person. Customers are still encouraged to use other online methods if possible.x
Garbage, Recycling & Organics
Waste Management Facility and Recycling Drop-off Depots
The Waste Management Facility (including the landfill, household hazardous waste, yard waste and electronics drop-off depots) and the Recycling Drop-off Depots remain open. There are no changes to hours of operation at this time.
If you would like to drop off materials at the Waste Management Facility, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- Follow AHS guidelines and limit all trips to essential visits.
- Do not visit if you are sick or self-isolating.
- There are likely to be longer than usual wait times due to measures that are in place to protect staff and customers. Please be patient and respectful to staff and others.
- Follow physical distancing guidelines and remain 2 metres away from others while on site.
- As part of The City’s response to COVID-19, cash will not be an accepted form of payment at the Waste Management Facility. As of Wednesday, April 29, accepted forms of payment include debit, personal credit card (for residential accounts only), cheque and, for commercial customers, pre-approved accounts.
There are no changes to the cart collection schedule or services at this time.