The COVID-19 pandemic has forced many organizations to change the way they do business, including The City of Red Deer. We have temporarily closed many facilities and implemented new policies to prevent the spread as we continue serving our residents. Click the links below to find out what has changed and check back often. We will update this page with new information as decisions are made. Residents can also sign up for phone, email and text alerts about changes to City services amid COVID-19. Click here to learn more. Standard text message rates apply.

What is the police/RCMP doing to respond?

The safety and security of our community has always and will continue to be the top priority for Red Deer RCMP. During these uncertain times, Red Deer RCMP is ready to respond to all potential situations while continuing with regular operations including intelligence-led policing. As always, if you require emergency police assistance, call 9-1-1. To report a crime, or suspicious activity call 403-343-5575.

Are there changes to traffic enforcement?

We are redeploying traffic enforcement in ways that respond to current needs. Residents must still abide by speed limits and traffic safety measures. Automated traffic enforcement measures will be increasingly used in high risk and playground areas in an effort to protect those who are using our park spaces.

Will this have an effect on RCMP response?

No, police service levels remain the same and Red Deer RCMP stand ready to serve the community as normal.

How do I report a vehicle collision?

To report a motor vehicle collision or a hit and run, call the Police Non-Emergency Line at 403-343-5575. For collisions involving injuries that require medical attention or involve alcohol/drugs, call 911. If you are advised that RCMP attendance is not required, the collision can be reported by emailing kreddeer@rcmp-grc.gc.ca; including your name and phone number.

How do I report suspicious activity or a non-emergency crime?

RCMP is accepting reports about non-emergency crimes, suspicious activity and information related to investigations by phone at 403-343-5575 or email at kreddeer@rcmp-grc.gc.ca. Non-emergency reports can be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Does this change the way I report an emergency situation?

No, to report a life-threatening situation or a crime in progress, call 9-1-1.

How long will the front counter closure last?

We don’t know how long this measure will be in place, but in the interest of health and public safety, the front counter will remain closed in alignment with the Alberta Health Services public health restrictions and social distancing.

What if I require fingerprinting and/or a criminal record check for employment?

Please call us if you have an urgent need for fingerprinting and/or a criminal record check at 403-343-5575 and we will review the request on a case by case basis. Online requests for Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Checks can be submitted by email to kreddeer@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Are School and Playground Zones still in effect?

For the safety of all road users, all posted speed limits in the city remain in effect, including Playground Zones. School Zones (at 40 Avenue and 39 Street) are no longer in effect.

Playgrounds are currently closed, however 30 km/hr Playground Zone speed limits still apply. Speeding increases the risk and severity of collisions. With families more likely to be home during the day, they may be using outdoor spaces.

By driving at safe speeds, drivers can help ease the burden on police and health resources so they can focus on COVID-19.

Enforcement will continue in high risk areas, and locations that have seen an increase in speeding will be prioritized. Please help us keep our roads and each other safe by slowing down.