The deferral period is being lifted to avoid additional pressure on the tax base that would result in rate increases in years to come; however, recognizing that residential, farm and small commercial customers in Red Deer may be experiencing significant economic impacts stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic, flexible payment plans are available for customers experiencing difficulties paying the full balance.
As part of the ongoing response to COVID-19, customers were offered a 90-day deferral on water, sewer and waste utility payments. The 90 day period for deferral of utility payments ends on June 15 and starting June 19, a 1.5 per cent penalty will be added to outstanding balances.
Late payment penalties were not added between March 19 and June 15; however, a 1.5 per cent penalty will be added to outstanding balances starting June 19.
We recognize people may be in a different financial situation than they were a few months ago. Customers who are unable to pay the full amount by their next bill’s due date are asked to call us at 403-342-8111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a flexible monthly payment plan that works for their situation.
Customers are encouraged to pay bills using one of these methods:
- Online at www.reddeer.ca/mycity
- With your Financial Institution – Online, Phone or in-person
- By mail to: Box 5008, Red Deer, AB T4N 3T4 - Make cheques payable to The City of Red Deer
- By Credit Card over the phone, call 403-342-8203
- Cheques can also be dropped off using the drop box located on the east side of City Hall