Yes. If you paid for an Activity Reservation in-person via credit card, debit or cash you will receive a credit on your account in the total amount of your cancelled reservations. If you paid online via a credit card, you will be reimbursed through your method of payment.
Recreation and Culture Activities
What has changed?
On November 12, 2020, the provincial government announced new public health measures for communities under enhanced relaunch status, which includes Red Deer. From November 13 - 27, 2020 all group or aquatic fitness classes, group singing, dancing and performing activities, team sport activities, and group swimming lessons will be suspended.
Activities and programs affected include:
- Indoor group fitness classes (spin, yoga, cardio, strength classes)
- Aquatic fitness classes (aquafit)
- Group swimming lessons
- Team sport activities such as practices, games and competition
- Singing, dancing and performing arts programs (e.g., Tiny Toes Ballet)
Activities and programs that continue include:
- Individual sports, exercise, training or equipment use (e.g., use of the fitness areas, gymnasium, field house, individual tennis, pickleball, badminton and basketball shot practice)
- Use of the walking tracks
- Public swimming and skating
- Lane swimming
- Private swimming lessons
- Preschool programs
- Aquatic Leadership (i.e. Bronze Cross)
With many cancellations from user groups that use City facilities, additional Activity Reservation opportunities are being made available for activities such as lane swimming, public swimming and public skating. Many of your favourite classes can also be found virtually.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You have a few options available:
- If you wish to suspend your monthly pass for the duration of the provincially mandated pause, please contact email@example.com to inform them of your intent. In this case, your monthly pass would be re-activated November 28.
- If you wish to cancel your monthly pass indefinitely, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and inform them of your desire to cancel. You will then be issued a credit on your account for the pro-rated amount remaining.
- If you wish to continue to use City of Red Deer facilities for Activity Reservations and programming of a more individual nature, please do so, no further communication is required.
Facility bookings for any of the activities that fall within the suspension will be cancelled. You will be contacted by one of our Facility and Pass Booking Specialists to discuss your options.
City of Red Deer Activity Reservations and registered programs for group and aquatic fitness classes, team sports, private swimming lessons, and group singing, dancing and performing arts will be cancelled from November 13-27. If you have an Activity Reservation during this time, you will be contacted by email. You can also log on to Look ‘n Book and check under “Appointments”. If you participate in organized activities within our facilities (Red Deer Minor Hockey, Dance Magic), please contact your local organizer for more information.
The suspension of activities is in place from November 13-27, unless otherwise indicated by Alberta Health. Because Activity Reservations are available on a two-week rolling window, bookings for November 28 and onwards will start on November 15.