What is open? What is closed?
View the status of these amenities and more on our Open/Closed City Amenities List page.
The tentative timeline for amenity openings is as follows:
- Outdoor sports fields
- Picnic shelters
- Bookable park spaces including Great Chief Park, Setters Place, Bower Ponds Stage
- Lindsay Thurber track and field amenities for bookings
- Day camps: Half-day sessions for specific age ranges. More information at reddeer.ca/daycamps
- Ice at Collicutt Centre available for user groups only
- Outdoor fitness classes at Setters Place at Great Chief Park start. Pre-registration required. More information at reddeer.ca/outdoorfitness.
- Blue Grass Sod Farm Central Spray & Play and Lava Rock at Kin Kanyon open. The amenities are unsupervised and capacity limits will be in place (currently 100 people).
- Lane swimming at Michener Aquatic Centre. Pre-registration required.
- Opening of temporary customer service at the Recreation Centre
- Indoor fitness and running track at available at the Collicutt Centre. Registration is required. At this time, indoor fitness classes will not be available.
- Aquatic fitness classes at Michener Aquatic Centre start. Only shallow water activities will be available. Registration is required and capacity limits will be in place.
- Field house and gymnasium at Collicutt Centre, G.H. Dawe Community Centre and Michener Aquatic Centre available for rentals or registered activities.
- Public swimming at the Collicutt Centre and G.H. Dawe Community Centre starts. Registration required and capacity limits will be in place.
- Culture Services at Intermediate School open to the public; day camps operating and Viewpoint Gallery open.
- Dry space at Kinex Arena for user groups only.
- Meeting Rooms at Setters Place and Intermediate School available for rentals.
- Swimming lessons at Collicutt Centre and G.H. Dawe Community Centre start. At this time, only private and semi-private swimming lessons will be offered.
At this time, the Recreation Centre and Servus Arena will remain closed. We continue to assess and understand demand for facilities, program and services as part of this phased approach to opening. As previously announced, the outdoor pool and Discovery Canyon will remain closed for the season. Additionally, child minding will not be offered at this time.
Third-party operated facilities
The following third party-operated facilities have been given permission to reopen while following all provincial health requirements and guidelines:
- River Bend Golf and Recreation Area
- Enduro Mountain Bike Park
- Lions Campground
- Red Deer Tennis Club
- Red Deer Pickleball Club
- Red Deer BMX
- Bower Ponds Pavilion
- Red Deer Museum + Art Gallery
- Kerry Wood Nature Centre
- Norwegian Laft Hus
- Heritage Square
- Cronquist House
- Fort Normandeau
- Neighbourhood Activity Centres
- YMCA Northside Community Centre
- Great West Adventure Park
- Heritage Ranch
- Festival Hall
- Memorial Centre
- Edgar Athletic Fields