What is The City doing?
The health and safety of our community is our top priority. Learn more about our response to the COVID-19 pandemic and how this impacts you as a citizen.
Measures taken by The City of Red Deer include:
- On August 17, 2020 City Council passed a bylaw requiring face coverings on City Transit. With respect to a general face covering bylaw, Council tabled Bylaw 3653/2020 up to December 31, 2020 pending direction from Alberta Health Services with concerns about the number of active COVID-19 cases in the City of Red Deer.
- The City of Red Deer’s State of Local Emergency lapsed on June 14, 2020, after being in place for nearly three months. The City’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic will continue to be coordinated by The City in collaboration with Alberta Health and the Province of Alberta.
- City facility and amenity closures. Click for details.
- City Council meetings remain scheduled and citizens are invited to watch via live stream.
- Public participation and consultation activities have shifted from in-person to online.
- The City offers text and email alerts about the City’s response to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Click here to sign up. Standard text message rates apply.
- We have compiled a list of Resources for Businesses which includes links to websites offering supports for businesses, webinars and helpful business information.