Open Call for Musicians
Concert dates are: June 12, July 10 and August 7 from 6 - 9 p.m.
Submissions will be assessed based on quality and originality of performance as well as audience interaction and engagement. This call is open to all, although preference will be given to Red Deer and Red Deer County residents. All genres are encouraged to submit. There is no submission fee.
The City of Red Deer is committed to fair compensation for creative work. Performance fees will be negotiated based on event budgets and artist requirements. Professional sound equipment and technical support will be provided by Culture Services.
Please include as many of the following materials as possible with your application form:
- Electronic press kit including a bio, photo, media quotes, testimonials and excerpts from media and audience testimonials. If digital materials are
- A web link (YouTube, website, etc.) or copy of audio/video/CD/DVD relevant to the artist’s current work.
- A short paragraph describing how you interact with and engage the audience.
- List of professional sites, pages, feeds relevant to artist’s current work (Facebook, Twitter, website, etc.)
- List of recent or future performances or current touring itinerary.
- Artists are responsible for any travel arrangements and expenses that are not included in their performance agreement.
- Artists will be required to provide their own instruments and amplifiers unless otherwise negotiated.
Successful applicants will be notified by April 30, 2020. Arrangements for performance and production details will follow.
We thank all candidates for their submissions, please note that only the successful performers will be contacted.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Submission materials will not be returned.
The deadline for submissions is Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 4 p.m. Electronic submissions can be submitted below.
For more information