To support property owners of confirmed or suspected contaminated sites that are being considered for potential development, The City of Red Deer is offering a partial rebate for Phase 1 or Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) costs.
The program will assist property owners to understand the environmental condition of lands they wish to redevelop by providing a rebate to cover a portion of costs related to Phase 1 and/or 2 Environmental Site Assessments. Resources allocated for the completion of ESAs will assist in facilitating the sale and redevelopment of suspected brownfield properties.
This program provides a rebate to property owners in the following amounts:
- Phase 1 ESA: 80% of the cost, to a maximum of $5,000
- Phase 2 ESA: 50% of the cost, to a maximum of $20,000
- Only commercial or multi-family zoned properties within the Greater Downtown Area are eligible for this program
- Eligible where Phase 1 or Phase 2 ESA with current data is/are required to have been completed within the past year
- Eligible where Phase 1 or Phase 2 ESA have been identified as a condition of an existing development permit
Terms and information
In addition to the General Terms and Information described on this page, the following apply to this funding program:
- The City of Red Deer will be provided a copy of completed Phase 1 or Phase 2 ESA as part of this program