To increase a sense of downtown pride through an investment in beautification and timely restoration of property, The City of Red Deer is offering a matching rebate for façade, signage or security-related improvements.
This program supports the addition of inviting and engaging storefronts that are aesthetically pleasing and, ultimately, maximize the appeal of our downtown.
Examples of approved projects may include: exterior enhancements to an existing property, signage improvements, or implementation of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) recommendations.
This program provides a matching (50% of total costs) rebate up to*:
- a maximum of $20,000 for upgrades to a single façade;
- a maximum of $30,000 for properties with two street facing façades;
- a maximum of $2,500 for perpendicular signage improvements;
- a maximum of $10,000 for CPTED improvements
* Please note: applications for each of these rebates may be submitted for a single location.
Terms and information
In addition to the General Terms and Information described on this page, the following apply to this funding program:
- CPTED improvements must meet intent of C1 design guidelines
- CPTED improvements must be derived from recommendations of a certified CPTED practitioner. Note: The Central Alberta Crime Prevention Centre offers free CPTED assessments
- Security cameras are eligible for this funding program
- Shutters, bars or other forms of “defensive architecture” will not be funded
- Fund recipients will be required to provide The City of Red Deer with “before” and “after” photos of funded improvements.