Building permit values increased in August, with 97 approved permits valued at $23 million, compared with 78 permits issued in August 2021 worth $4.6 million.
Year-to-date building permit values remain higher in 2022, with current values at $129 million compared with $83 million last year.
Notable permits include:
- Building permit for a new three storey youth centre at 70 College Circle, valued at $15 million. Permit is for base building only; tenant improvements will fall under separate permits.
- Building permit for interior renovations to existing bank office at 4-5111 22 Street, valued at $1.8 million
- Building permit for tenant improvements for a new dental clinic at 20-5101 Sharpe Avenue, valued at $1 million
- Building permit for new live/work space including second floor residential units and main floor daycare at 488 Timberlands Drive, valued at $450,000
- Building permit for interior renovations for new tenant at 136-4900 Molly Banister Drive, valued at $250,000
|Aug 2022||Aug 2021||Jan - Aug 2022||Jan - Aug 2021|
|RED DEER||Permits||Est. Value||Permits||Est. Value||Permits||Est. Value||Permits||Est. Value|
For more information, contact:
The City of Red Deer