Strategic Plan Quarterly Report – July to September:
- Administration will present the Q3 Report Card, which highlights the progress towards the outcomes in the 2023-2026 Strategic Plan. It will showcase specific activities related to seven outcomes, including significant upgrades to municipal infrastructure that contribute to a thriving city.
Annual Policing Plan and Crime Stats update:
- Inspector Linaker with the Red Deer RCMP will provide an update on the progress of the Annual Policing Plan and report on Red Deer’s second quarter crime statistics.
Downtown Business Association (DBA) 2024 Budget:
- The DBA will present its 2024 budget for Council’s consideration. The DBA’s Board of Directors is responsible for the management of the Business Improvement Area (BIA), including preparation and administration of its budget. The City of Red Deer collects the BIA taxes on behalf of the DBA to fund its budget. Although the board operates autonomously, The City of Red Deer is linked through:
- Council appointing the Board, and has a member on the board;
- A liaison with the DBA that ensures we are cooperating on initiatives, addressing opportunities, and leveraging resources;
- Council approving the DBA’s budget; and
- Making any changes to the BIA Bylaw, including its boundaries, must be approved by Council.
Tax Cancellation Request:
- City Council will consider a request for tax cancellation. Council policy states tax relief may be considered, with or without conditions, for properties that have been destroyed or become inhabitable or unusable due to extenuating circumstances.
Land Use Bylaw amendment – Temporary Care Facility (Public Hearing):
- A Public Hearing will be held. City Council may consider second and third reading of Land Use Bylaw Amendment that would allow the temporary shelter to continue operating at its current location at Cannery Row (5239 53 Avenue).
To view the agenda and watch live on Monday, visit https://meeting.reddeer.ca.