The City is seeking residents, business owners, staff and students of the downtown for a new committee geared toward developing a new downtown identity plan.
The Community Collaboration Committee will work with The City to develop a strategic Downtown Identity Plan to align collective visioning and strategic planning initiatives, and to identify targeted actions for both The City and the community.
The Committee has been designed to reflect a multi-disciplinary, diverse membership and will consist of 8 to 12 appointed members comprised of:
- 1 downtown business owner,
- 1 community agency or member of the faith community representative,
- 1 downtown resident,
- 1 employee of the downtown,
- 1 student attending courses located in the downtown,
- 1 community member at large
- 1 representative of The Downtown Business Association,
- 1 representative of The Chamber of Commerce,
- 1 representative of the arts and culture sector in Red Deer,
- 1 tourism sector representative,
- 1 health care professional representative, and/or
- 1 public service representative.
Committee members must live, work, or own property in the greater downtown area, including Parkvale, Downtown, Capstone and Railyards. The committee is expected to be in place for six to nine months.
The City will accept applications until Wednesday, June 16 at 9 a.m. Details about the committee, available positions and application forms are available online at www.reddeer.ca/councilcommittees.
For more information, please contact:
The City of Red Deer